Rashes may appear on the skin in the form of welts, blisters, or blotches. While many rashes may not necessarily be a cause for concern, they can be the source of discomfort due to itching and redness. In some instances, it could impact a person’s self-esteem. If you’ve been struggling with a rash, then it’s time to seek the help of a qualified rash treatment specialist in Allen.
Types of Rashes
The rash can be infectious (caused by virus or bacteria), inflammatory, or immune system-related. Examples of different rashes include:
- Eczema: Red, itchy, dry patches that are often linked to certain allergies
- Contact dermatitis: Red, blotchy rash that forms due to an allergic reaction
- Psoriasis: Red, itchy, scaly patches of skin commonly found on elbows, knees, and scalp
- Hives: Swollen, raised red bumps that may form due to allergic reaction or other unknown causes
When to Seek Rash Treatment
Sometimes rashes may only feel like an annoyance rather than a concern for people. However, you should always have a rash checked by a skin dermatologist to determine if additional treatment is necessary. Other tips for when to seek skin rash treatment:
- The rash is all over the body
- The rash begins to spread
- You develop a fever
- You experience pain
- The rash develops blisters
- The rash gets infected
Types of Skin Rash Treatments
Rash Treatments will vary based on each type of rash. Over the counter medications and antihistamines might help with some rashes but it is very important to correctly diagnose and seek advice from an experienced dermatologist provider for skin rash treatment before you start your treatment. While not every rash is caused by a serious condition, it is important to rule that out prior to treatment.
Contact Us Today
Do you have a rash that concerns you? Please reach out to us today to schedule your initial consultation with our skin care clinic in Allen. We look forward to working with you to find the best treatment options for skin rash, allergy for your needs.